Monday, September 1, 2014

WIP and Hobby Lobby finds

My name is Michelle and my blog will include my hobbies, recipes, travels, books, and of course four legged friends. Right now I have one dog and enough cats for each day of the week.  

My current interests are crochet, knitting, looming, and sewing.  I have also been into smocking, dollhouse miniatures, and many moons ago...macramé (which by the way is due for a comeback).  It could happen:)

I have been crocheting for years but finally picked up the knitting needles for the first time this summer. I had always wanted to learn to knit but just didn't think I could. I want to thank Pam for inspiring me to take the plunge!

My first knitting project was just practicing knitting and pearling. Now I am working on a sock on the 9 inch circular needles.  I know that might be a bit ambitious but I am determined.  I have started over a few times but I think I am finally getting the hang of it.  It made it easier when I realized you can "tink" or knit backwards to get out of a knitting mistake.  That really helped me on the ribbing section when I goofed. 




I was out and about today and saw this gadget by Yarnology at Hobby Lobby.  Thought it was pretty cool.  It is a decorative useful little thingy.  On the package it says its a creative closure. 

Use it to keep shawls, sweaters, scarves, belts, and sashes closed or in place. .  Also use to accent  hats, ponchos, and pillows.  They come in many different colors. The one I got feels like hard plastic with a texture on it.  Some of the others felt like metal and had a metallic finish. 

I also got a plastic case by Sewology from Hobby Lobby.  It holds crochet hooks, scissors, or other notions and keeps them from getting lost or poking through my purse or bag. 
 


1 comment: