Sunday, September 28, 2014

Needles; WIP; Projects

I have become increasingly frustrated that I don't have the right knitting needles when I want to start  a project. UGH! :(   I must figure out what needles to get.

I have had my eye on the Addi circular interchangeable needles and also the Knitters Pride needles.  I do have some Hiya-Hiyas and Chiaogoo circulars but have not tried the interchangeable ones.  I also saw another interesting brand called Signature Needle Arts.  They seem to be very high end.   If you have a set of interchangeable and like them- let me know!  

There are so many decisions like; lace tip, regular tip, long or short needles, material the needles are made out of.  My head is spinning.

I tend to save and skimp on things for myself and don't care much for makeup, hair stuff, and don't get my nails done etc...  However, there are a few things I will splurge on and knitting needles are one of them!  I just need to figure out which ones. I want to make a smart purchase that I will be happy with for years to come.   
I have a set of double pointed needles from Knit Picks.  I used them to complete the toe on the sock I am working on following Pam Chatfield's youtube video.  They are made of wood and this set is the 4inch size. 
I have also found a couple more knitting vlogs that I enjoy watching on YOUTUBE.  Check them out if you get a chance.  They are Emily Estrada- Fibre Town; Stitch Addiction Podcast; Stockinette Zombies; Kimberly Jones; Knit Girllls; YarnGasm; Kay Jones. 

I ran out and bought some double pointed in size 3 just so I could start the Sockhead hat.  The only ones I found were Clover bamboo size 3 double pointed.  I think I like circular needles better.  I am still a bit new to the double pointed needles. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way. I don't have my nails done or buy makeup, so I allow myself knitting needles when I need them.

    ReplyDelete